Facebook Fan Pages are a great way for your business to promote special offers and events and to engage with your target audience. You have the business contacts but how do you invite those contacts to join you on Facebook? Seems like a rather straight forward process but if you visit the forum at:
You will see hundreds of comments from frustrated Facebook members who have been unable to successfully import email contacts to Facebook. After you click the link, you will need to login to Facebook.
Should you be one who has tried unsuccessfully, following the steps below will eliminate your frustration.
Steps to Invite Contacts to Like My Facebook Fan Page.
- Login to your Facebook personal page.
- Click your company page in the side bar menu. Do not select your company page from the * menu item in the top right.
- Go to admin panel.
- Check that you are posting as your company. You will see the message at that top which says: You are posting, commenting and liking as Company page.
- Click Build Audience.
- Select Invite Email contacts. Do not select Invite Friends, as there are no friends for business pages, only fans.
- Select where your contacts are stored. These instructions are for Other Tools as it seems to be a problem for most people commenting online.
- Select Other Tools.
- If you are not sure about creating a contact file read the instructions: How to create a contact file…
- Select Browse and locate your file where you stored it.
- Select Upload Contacts.
- When your contacts are loaded, tick those that you wish to invite, all or some.
- Click Preview.
- You will see: Send this Invitation to X Contacts.
- But here is the catch: the invite will only go to those already on Facebook as it is written: A suggestion for your Page will be sent to your subscribers who are already on Facebook.
- To invite contacts who are not on Facebook you will have to use your personal page and invite them as friends, then you can ask them to Like your company page.
- Tick the box: I am authorized to send invitations to the email addresses I have imported.
- Select Send.
- It’s a good idea to include one person who you know is already on Facebook, but not yet a Fan, so that you can confirm they received your suggestion.
- Facebook will send at least two reminders as follow up to your invitation.
Facebook wants to help you get more fans to your business page as ultimately Facebook benefits by having access to your contacts. However facebook does not wish to help you spam their audience and that’s why this process is in place.
We trust that these rather detailed instructions eliminate your frustration in applying this Facebook feature and invite your comments below.