I do not think that anyone would argue with me that the absolute best keyword tool is the Google Keyword Tool. You can analyse hundreds of keywords that are relevant to your website and it even identifies the competition for those keywords. Input your competitor’s URL in the tool and it will show the keywords for which the site is optimized.
Value of Google Page 1 Rank
However there are some things that this great tool will not show you and that is why the Rank Assess Tool™ is the second best free tool available to help you decide which keywords will be best for your site. You can input a keyword and the tool calculates the amount of traffic for all ranks 1 through to 10. It works in tandem with the Google tool to show the effects that rank improvement has on your sales.
Research before Spending on SEO
If you have a website that sells products or services and you’re thinking about investing some time into search engine optimization (SEO) to expand your business, you need to eliminate the guess work. SEO is time consuming and SEO companies can cost thousands per month and to a small business that can be extremely negative if it’s not going to deliver results to your bottom line.
Do not jump blindly into your online campaigns. It’s much smarter to become familiar with the free online tools which will help you target keywords for best results. Both tools enable you to analyze multiple keywords and download csv files for further analysis.
Not sure how to go about the download? Here are the step by step instructions:-
How to Import a CSV from the Google Keyword Tool
Instructions for new users
Google Keyword Tool Before you click on the link, you may wish to print or save this page for future reference.
1. Click on the link; it takes you to the Google Adwords Keyword Tool site.
2. Under Tools on the top left; Keyword Tool will be highlighted.
3. Click on Saved Ideas to open the complete menu.
4. Under Match Types, un-tick Broad and tick [Exact]. We recommend that you use [Exact] Match with Rank Assess Tool™ but you can also use Broad or “Phrase” match types if you wish.
5. Enter your website address in Go to Website.
6. Click Locations and highlight your country and language.
7. Click Advanced Options and Filters to collapse this box.
8. Enter the captcha characters as indicated or sign in if you have a Google account. You now have access to use the tool.
9. Click Search and the tool shows the Global Monthly Searches and Local Monthly Searches for keywords relevant to your website. Make sure you have Keywords selected and not Ad Group Ideas. The tool shows the list of keywords relevant to your site. To see the most searched keywords, click Local Monthly Searches and the tool lists keywords from most to least searched.
10. Click; Download and a box will appear; then click; all search results.
11. When the Download all keywords box appears, click the Format box and change Format to CSV.
12. Click Download and when the pop up appears at the bottom of your screen, click Save.
13. Click Open folder.
14. The file will be saved in Downloads or you can save it in another location.
15. Name the file so that it is easy for you to find it again.
16. Go to Keyword Tool and click the Import CSV button.
17. Locate the file and click open.
18. Rank Assess Tool™ will now import your CSV file. It will extract the Local Monthly Searches. Should you wish to use Global Monthly Searches see FAQ for instructions.
Share your comments and opinions by posting below.